Sunday, September 2, 2012

I'm Back!

Okay everyone. It has been way too long since my last post! We have had a crazy year so far and I have been traveling, visiting Grandchildren, and trying to get my Kentucky Insurance License. It makes me tired to just think about all that has happened. I am getting it together and will be blogging regularly now.

I once submitted a few articles for the "MaryJanes Farm" magazine. She was looking for a few new bloggers at the time. I thought I would share them with you. So, here's one I wrote on "Balance".





Balance…….

I wear many hats. I am a Wife and the Mother of four grown children. I am the Grandmother of six small children. I own a farm with animals and gardens. I own an online business and have a passion for the water and crafting. Balance is something that is so important, but doesn’t always come naturally to me.

I think that it is a constant and ongoing process for all of us.  My biggest tools in maintaining my balance is first and foremost using my calendar. I make sure that I buy one that has large daily planning areas and put all important dates, appts.,deadlines, and call backs in first. My housekeeping chores are set up in zones and each week one zone is covered. I use stickers to color code personal, business, recreational, and chores. Planting schedules are also included on the calendar.

The next thing and is the most important is for you to make time for yourself. I understand that it is often easier said and done. If you don’t take care of yourself then nothing seems to come together and it is easy to get overwhelmed. Make yourself a priority and put yourself on the calendar! Schedule a date night or friends night out. Catch up on some recreational reading, or get/give yourself a manicure. Reward yourself for all that you do for your family, friends, and co-workers. You’re worth it!  ~ Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Deb. Thanks for following on my blog. I'm following on yours now too. Really like the rocks. I draw on them, but have done little with words. Need to incorporate more. They are what I use for "Abandoned Art." Fun to leave in public places.

    ReplyDelete