Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Adventure Awaits......in North Dakota?


North Dakota you say?  What is in North Dakota? In a word....work. We are going where the work is for my Husband.  This is not a new concept to me I must say, as I was a military wife for many years. Still, it is a lot of hard work getting ready to do a cross country move. Well, it's a half the way across the country anyways.

This is a picture of a house that we are looking at out there. It has 4 bedrooms and 1.5 baths.  Compared to our small Kentucky house of only 950 sq feet it will seem like a mansion! It sits on 2.3 acres so there's room for a nice garden. There is also a closed in Gazebo that would be nice in the summer time.




There has been a water feature and a fire pit added in the back yard. The property in the back is farmed and any development coming in is highly unlikely. The previous owners did quite a few improvements to this house already.




The kitchen has a commercial triple sink and a six burner stove. Nice!


There is plenty of room for an art studio, my spinning wheel, and loom.  I don't know if we will buy it or not, but when I saw it all I said was wow.  We'll see I guess. In the meantime there is plenty to do to get ready for the move.  Decisions to be made, animals to be sold, and belongings to be sorted and packed.  I better remember to take my long johns!


Update to Post

I have returned to Kentucky for the Summer while Mark is working outside of Minot.
We are putting our farm up for sale as well as the houseboat. There is only one Merino/Ramboulet Ewe left. She needs a good home.

8 comments:

  1. I think this is such a beautiful house. It must be a little hard to try to find a new home from across the country though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful house with a fabulous kitchen. Great views too. Good luck to you!
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks really beautiful! I just joined your site from the blog addy on Life Book. Why aren't there 10 more hours in each day so we can just spend hours going through everyone's work and blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems a nice place to live. Followeing from Life Book!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hippie Chick, (cute name), for your kind comments on my blog. I'm glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deborah, hope things work out with the house in N.Dakota. My dh is from S.Dakota. I'm following you now. I came over from the list on Tracy's "magical" group. Isn't that a fun group? I was pleased also to read you are a believer. We are American missionaries in Ukraine. I'm an artist and I teach arts and crafts as ministry here. Hope you'll follow on my blog too:
    artsy: www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
    missions:
    www.franksukraine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deborah, Just stopping by to see how things are coming along. Hope the Lord is blessing. Come visit my blog.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really helpful for all of us. Thanks for sharing this awasome news with us. Treasurebox is one of the best store which provide their
    customers all the items at low rates.

    ReplyDelete